The Pro Bowl has gained a lot of negative attention in recent years.
The Pro Bowl has faced many issues lately, including player effort and selection snubs. When the Pro Bowl roster was released on Saturday, there were multiple Pro Bowl-worthy players that were not selected to play in Honolulu.
1) Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffery—Jeffery was a monster this season. Thus far, he has totaled seven receiving touchdowns and over 1300 yards while taking part in the league’s fifth-best passing offense.
2) New York Jets DL Muhammad Wilkerson—Wilkerson racked up 62 tackles, 10.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, and an interception as of Week 16. Wilkerson is a cornerstone in the Jets’ third-best run defense.
3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Lavonte David—David has posted 137 tackles thus far. The second-year player is one of the best 4-3 Outside Linebackers in the league.
4) Philadelphia Eagles QB Nick Foles—Foles took over the Eagles’ starting job midseason, and has racked up 25 passing touchdowns to two interceptions through Week 16.
5) Buffalo Bills LB Kiko Alonso—Alonso has piled up 145 tackles thus far in his first year out of Oregon.