Only one more day remains in the 2014 draft.
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: After adding 6’5″, 225-pound WR Mike Evans in the first round, the Bucs drafted 6’6″, 262-pound TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins. With 6’5″, 230-pound WR Vincent Jackson already in the mix, the Buccaneers are basically playing basketball. In the third round, Tampa Bay added RB Charles Sims.
2. Carolina Panthers: At the No. 60 pick, the Panthers collected DE Kony Ealy, one of the top-rated prospects at his position. Carolina also added OG Trai Turner in the third round. The Panthers found great value at their selections.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jags added not one but two of the most dynamic receivers in the 2014 Draft Class. WR’s Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson will make a tremendous impact in Jacksonville.
1. Cleveland Browns: Shortly before the draft, news surfaced that star WR Josh Gordon is facing a season-long suspension for a second failed drug. Fellow Browns WR Nate Burleson also broke his arm, and the Browns still passed on Marqise Lee.
2. Indianapolis Colts: The Colts declined on a wide receiver until the third round. While second-round pick OT Jack Mewhort will make an impact, they simply need more firepower on offense.
3. Dallas Cowboys: Their sole Day Two pick was spent on DE Demarcus Lawrence, which was a stretch pick considering Kony Ealy was on the board.
- QB Derek Carr was selected by the Oakland Raiders. Carr will get to stay close to home and won’t be forced into any starting capacity too soon.
- Like Jacksonville, the Philadelphia Eagles double-dipped into the wide receiver position with selections of Jordan Matthews and Josh Huff.
- The New England Patriots’ second round selection of QB Jimmy Garoppolo indicates their new heir apparent to Tom Brady. Garoppolo was drafted ahead of fellow QB prospect Tom Savage, who is still on the board heading into the fourth round.
- The New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals addressed the tight end position in the second round with additions of 6’5″, 265-pound Jace Amaro and 6’6″, 270-pound Troy Niklas, respectively.
- Three running backs were selected from picks 54 through 57 overall. The Tennessee Titans added Bishop Sankey, the Cincinnati Bengals added Jeremy Hill, and the San Francisco 49ers added RB Carlos Hyde.